circusse: MAME ROM Information.
0.30 [Mike Coates]
- The original ROM images for Circus (c) 1977 Exidy have been made available for free, non-commercial use. Authorization from H.R. Kaufmann, president of Xidy.
- 0.145u8: Tafoid changed description of clone 'Circus (Sub-Electro bootleg)' to 'Springboard (bootleg of Circus)'. Renamed (circusse) to (springbd). Comment: Thanks for GregF for pointing out the numerous sources which list "Springboard" as the game name and an obvious bootleg of circus (http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=2600&image=1).
- 0.145u1: hap tweaked layout in Circus.
- 0.141u3: hap improved interrupt handling: Circus generates them the same way as Ripcord (based on sprite-bg collision), Robot Bowl doesn't generate interrupts at all. Fixed invisible walls during the game and demo, lined up with the edges of the platforms where the guy. Fixed when you first time run a game your jumper float to the upper edge of screen.
- 7th November 2010: Twisty - New Circus Samples available. This was recently recorded from an authentic Circus machine by Jun Kitamura. Jun Kitamura: Hello. I recorded the sound effects of "circus" from game machine at "Natsukashi-Yokocyou" in Japan (http://homepage2.nifty.com/totochan/y-natsuyoko2.html).
- 0.129: MooglyGuy added savestate support to Circus.
- 0.126u4: Fabio Priuli added DIP locations for 'Circus / Acrobat TV'.
- 0.117u1: Changed description to 'Circus / Acrobat TV'.
- 0.113u1: Fixed rom names.
- 17th February 2007: Aaron Giles - I've got some exciting news. In addition to allowing the free distribution of Teeter Torture from this site, H. R. Kauffman, the president of Xidy, Inc. (formerly Exidy), has agreed to allow us to distribute many of the older released Exidy games here as well! So, over the next few weeks, we will be featuring many games from the Exidy lineup here on the site. The first of these is the classic game Circus, released in 1977. Look for more games to appear shortly. Ultimately, it would be awesome if some of the bigger companies would recognize the historical significance of some of their older titles and allow them to be enjoyed by a wider audience in this manner.
- 0.111u2: David Haywood added clone Circus (Sub-Electro bootleg).
- 12th February 2006: f205v dumped Circus (Sub-Electro bootleg). Update 20070301: f205v just found another blister with the same set of PROMs, but including also GFX PROMs, they are the same as in MAME.
- 0.94u2: Replaced DAC sound with Discrete.
- 0.69: Added new accurate samples. Derrick Renaud removed GAME_IMPERFECT_SOUND flag from Circus.
- 0.66: Added Samples sound (pop, miss and bounce.wav).
- 1st March 2003: Keith Wilkins and Derrick Renaud submitted a large update to the discrete sound system, adding discrete sound to Canyon Bomber, Polaris, Sprint, Sprint 2, Ultra Tank and samples to Circus, Clowns and Sea Wolf.
- 21st January 2003: Derrick Renaud adding sample sounds (that are not yet recorded) to the Circus, Clowns and Seawolf.
- 0.61: Added Artwork Overlay and changed palettesize from 33022 to 2 colors.
- 0.37b3: Changed palettesize from 254 to 33022 colors.
- 0.36RC2: Added 'Unknown' dipswitch.
- 0.36b4: Changed VSync to 57Hz.
- 0.35b6: Changed palettesize from 6 to 254 colors.
- 10th March 1999: Mike Balfour has changed Circus and Super Breakout to use the artwork functions instead of their own custom ones.
- 0.31: Proper overlay emulation in Circus [Zsolt Vasvari].
- 0.30: Mike Coates added Circus (Exidy 1977).
- Move empty side of spring board under man for continued play pop all blue balloons for bonus jump.
Recommended Games (Circus):
Jumping Pop (Nics)
Romset: 7 kb / 13 files / 5.72 zip