ibara: MAME ROM Information.
Ibara (c) 2005 Cave.
- TECHNICAL -
Cave 3rd Generation Hardware
Main CPU : Hitachi SH-3 CPU, 133 Mhz Clock
Sound Chips : Yamaha YMZ770C-F
Players : 2
Control : 8-way Joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Shot, [B] Bomb
- TRIVIA -
Released in June 2005.
Developed by Cave and distributed by AMI (Amusement Marketing International).
Cave released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Ibara Original Soundtrack - CVST-0003) on 30/01/2006.
Shinji Hosoe, a famous video game music composer, participed on this game, even if he left Namco seven years before, in 1998 (He joined a music label called 'Super Sweep').
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Special Formations
Wide : Get 6 option items back-to-back.
Search : Get 5 bomb-chips back-to-back then get option item
Rolling : Get 5 symbols back-to-back then get option item
Back : Get 5 small shot items back-to-back then get option item
* Secret Modes :
Harder Mode (with very hard) : Hold Up on the title screen then start the game
Extended Mode (with two laps) : Hold Down on the title screen then start the game
* Secret Bonus : Use bomb when first stage starts and "Stage 1" is displayed
- SERIES -
1. Ibara (2005)
2. Ibara Kuro - Black Label (2006)
3. PinkSweets - Ibara Sorekara (2006)
- STAFF -
Producer : Kenichi Takano
Director/Programmer : Shinobu Yagawa
Chief Designer : Akira Wakabayashi
Designers : TNK, Hideki Nomura, Tamajo
Character Designer : Tomoyuki Kotani
Voicer Actors :
(Rose Garden) Teresa - Chiharu Komine, Lace - Nami Aoki, Shasta - Maiko Mori, Kasumi - Kumiko Ishihara, Midi - Mao Shimura, Meidi - Asako Naito
(Negotiator) Bond - Daisuke Matsumoto, Dyne - Akira Wakabayashi,
Music Composer : Shinji Hosoe (Super Sweep)
Sound Creators : Ayako Saso (Super Sweep), Daisuke Matsumoto
Supervisor : Sanae Ikeda
Special Assistants : Toshiaki Tomizawa, Takatsugu Furuhata, Atsushi Niitama, Yuji Inoue, Asuka Mochida, Junko Ueki, Kaori Itamura, Junji Seki, Yui Yoshii, Shunsuke Nakata, Tyap, Ikumi Fujiwara, Shimarisu Okoshi
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sony PlayStation 2 (Feb.21, 2006; "Ibara [Model SLPM-66301]")
- SOURCES -
0.142u5 [Guru, Luca Elia]
- 0.144: This game was removed from MAME.
- 0.143u2: Changed description to 'Ibara (2005/03/22 MASTER VER..)'.
- 0.142u5: Added Ibara Kuro (Cave 2006).
- 21st February 2011: CaH4e3 - Demul WIP: Cave Arcade Espgaluda II, Mushihime-tama, Death Smiles and Ibara.
- 3rd January 2010: Luca Elia - Cave are world famous for their manic shooters (danmaku, aka "bullet hell"). I have been experimenting with Cave's newest hardware platform, based on a currently unemulated Hitachi SH-3 CPU (having written Cave driver for their older 68000 based system, some ten years ago). The game in question is Ibara, a gorgeous shooter that bears more than a similarity to Raizing's Battle Garegga and Battle Bakraid. In fact they were all programmed by Shinobu Yagawa (his Recca, on the NES, being the grandfather of them all). The game runs dog slow anyway (peaks at 5% on my Athlon64 3000). There is no sound (unemulated YMZ770C-F chip, also sound ROMs are not dumped). No EEPROM/Real Time Clock support (unemulated RTC 9701 chip). The SH-3 CPU emulation is very preliminary, hacked on top of the SH-4 core. The graphics chip is an FPGA, programmed at boot by the main CPU. It does high-color graphics blitting with support for several blending modes. The current implementation is probably reasonable, but some details are to be improved. I think colors are a bit off in shadows, for instance, although that may be caused by the low resolution I use to perform the mixing (5 bits). Graphics are stored in 128 MB of flash memory - the chips you can find in USB pen drives or in SSDs - and are loaded in RAM on demand (see the funky loading screen). For more infos on the hardware and games see World-of-Arcades (http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Ibara/Ibara.htm) and System 16 (http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=868). Thanks to Guru.
- 27th February 2008: Guru - Last but not least Cave's Ibara, purchased by me about a year ago that R. Belmont was holding for me until such time that I was ready for it.
Romset: 145408 kb / 4 files / 30.9 zip