spacefbu: MAME ROM Information.
0.25 [Chris Hardy, Andy Clark, Paul Johnson]
- 0.145u8: Andy Welburn added clone Space Firebird (rev. 02-a). Dumped mb7051 prom, I8035 audio and gfx2 rom. Changed clones '(Nintendo, set 2)' to parent 'Space Firebird (rev. 04-u)', '(Nintendo, set 3)' to '(rev. 03-e set 1)' and '(Nintendo, set 1)' to clone '(rev. 03-e set 2)'. Renamed (spacefb) to (spacefbe2) and (spacefbu) to (spacefb).
- 0.141: Andrew Welburn added clones Space Firebird (Nintendo, set 2) and (Nintendo, set 3). Changed parent description to 'Space Firebird (Nintendo, set 1)'. Fixed rom names.
- 25th December 2010: Smitdogg - Andrew Welburn dumped 2 undumped Nintendo Space Firebird boards.
- 0.122u6: Changed I8035 CPU2 clock speed to 6MHz.
- 3rd June 2007: Mr. Do - Scanned instruction cards for Space Firebird provided by Tormod.
- 0.115u3: Zsolt Vasvari fixed Space Firebird so that the sprites are opaque with respect to each other and bullets, but transparent with respect to the star field.
- 0.115u1: Rewrote the Space Firebird driver [Zsolt Vasvari]: Added star field, matches with the screen shot perfectly. Video timings/memory map/interrupts from schematics. Added support for the color fade effect. Changed Z80 CPU1 clock speed to 3MHz, visible area to 224x512 and VSync to 61.523438 Hz.
- 0.114u1: Justin Szczap added DIP locations to Space Firebird.
- 0.78u1: Samples in Space Firebird [Chris Hardy]. Added samples (ekilled, shipfire, explode1 and explode2.wav). Changed palettesize from 32 to 36 colors.
- 4th January 2004: Chris Hardy added sound support to Space Firebird with samples and fixed the background color changes.
- 0.37b12: Added missing cpu2/gfx2/prom roms to clone Space Demon.
- 0.36b16: Added clone Space Firebird (bootleg).
- 29th January 2000: Zsolt Vasvari added a Space Firebird bootleg.
- 0.35b6: Replaced I8039 CPU2 with I8035.
- 0.35b2: Thierry Lescot added clones Space Firebird (Gremlin) and Space Bird (bootleg). Zsolt Vasvari added clone Space Demon. Changed parent description to 'Space Firebird (Nintendo)'. Changed visible area to 232x264. Known issues: The bullet color is wrong.
- 2nd January 1999: Thierry and Gerald dumped Space Bird (bootleg).
- 0.34b1: Added color prom.
- 0.33b5: Dan Boris added sound to Space Firebird. Chris Hardy fixed colors in Space Firebird. Added I8039 CPU2, DAC sound and IC20.SND sound rom. Fixed gfx rom loading.
- 0.31: Chris Moore added high score saving to Space Firebird.
- 0.25: Chris Hardy added Space Firebird (Nintendo 1980). Thanks to Chris and to all Sage Staff. Memory map figured out by Chris Hardy, Paul Johnson and Andy Clark. Schematics scanned and provided by James Twine. Thanks to Gary Walton for lending his REAL Space Firebird. Game is playable with accurate colors and no sound. Control: Arrows = Move around, ALT = Fire and CTRL = Escape. Known issues: Red screen "flash" when you die is not supported. Background Starfield not supported. It is NOT a Galaxians type starfield. Bugs which aren't: The sprites/characters don't use transparency in the real game. This is not a bug.
Recommended Games (Space Shooter 2):
Astro Fantasia (DECO Cassette)
Satan of Saturn
Romset: 22 kb / 13 files / 13.9 zip