vendetta: MAME ROM Information.
Vendetta (c) 1991 Konami.
Evil is lurking in Dead End City. In a turf war, the Dead End Gang has kidnapped Kute Kate from the rivals, the Cobras. The Cobras set out to save her and stop the expansion of the Dead End Gang in Vendetta.
The Dead End Gang is looking to expand their territory, so the Cobras must infiltrate every area around the city. First, they must gain entrance to Dead End City. Relying on their fighting skills, the Cobras face a multitude of enemies. However, each member is up for any challenge from the Dead End Gang. The Cobras are a powerful team consisting of : Blood, an ex-prize fighter; Hawk, a former professional wrestler; Boomer, trained in the martial arts; and Sledge, an ex-military convict. Together they must destroy members of the Dead End Gang to get to the leader, Faust, who knows where Kute Kate is being held.
With fists of fury, the Cobras make their way through various areas of Dead End City. They search the construction site for Kate, battling the humanic weapon The Missing Link to gain information. From there, they are sent on futile chases through other sections of the city, including downtown, the waterfront, and the slums, where the final confrontation with Faust takes place. Throughout the game, the Cobras can pick up special weapons and food for more energy. Each player also has his own 'special attack' method to help defeat the toughest enemies.
Once Kute Kate is rescued and Dead End City is liberated, the Cobras victoriously start back to their home turf. However, much to their surprise, the entrance to their town is blocked by Dead End Gang bosses. The Cobras must gear up once more for the ultimate showdown to restore peace to Dead End City.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : GX081
Main CPU : Konami (@ 6 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : YM2151 (@ 3.579545 Mhz), K053260 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Players : 4
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> Attack, Jump
- TRIVIA -
Released in July 1991.
The title of this game translates from Italian as 'Revenge'.
This game is known in Japan as "Crime Fighters 2".
Each player character resembles a real-life personality. Hawk looks like 'Hulk Hogan', Sledge looks like 'Mr. T', Boomer looks like 'Jean-Claude Van Damme' and Blood looks like 'Mike Tyson'.
On one of the boxes there is the word 'Kilroy' spray-painted on it, this is probably a reference to the quote, 'Kilroy was here'.
King Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Konami Game Music Collection Vol.4 - KICA-7505) on 05/10/1991.
- UPDATES -
Asian version contain ugly sado maso and pervert dogs who was censored in all others versions.
- SERIES -
1. Crime Fighters (1989)
2. Vendetta (1991)
3. Violent Storm (1993)
- STAFF -
Game Designers : S. Okamoto, K. Ozaki, Yuichi Kobayashi
Character Designers : M. Yoshida, Kazuaki Nakanishi, T. Nakazama
Sound Designers : Hideaki Kashima, Michiru Yamane
Hardware Designer : K. Itoh
Director : S. Okamoto
Management : S. Kido
Special Thanks : Masahiro Inoue, A. Narita, K. Kinugasa, S. Mizuno, K. Sugano, K. Hiroshita
- SOURCES -
0.36b3 [Ernesto Corvi]
0.36b2 [Ernesto Corvi]
- In MAME the music tempo is slower than real PCB. Mamesick (ID 04825)
- 0.146: Small cosmetic changes to the Vendetta driver plus PCB components verified [Mamesick]. Changed KONAMI CPU1 clock speed to 3MHz and VSync to 59.17 Hz.
- 0.142u4: Angelo Salese and O.Galibert implemented an almost complete Konami K053252 device emulation, adds accurate refresh rate timings and irq acks to Vendetta driver.
- 0.139u2: Phil Bennett added save-state support to the K053260 sound core.
- 0.138: hap fixed sprite priority problem in the 3rd stage of Vendetta and graphical error in the intro scene of the game.
- 0.137: David Haywood implemented default EEPROMs to the Vendetta driver.
- 0.136u1: Fabio Priuli added driver data struct and save states to the Vendetta driver.
- 0.135u4: Fabio Priuli updated Vendetta driver to use EEPROM device and to use the new Konami video devices.
- 0.130u3: Aaron Giles merged memory maps in the Vendetta driver. Renamed (vendtaso) to (vendetta2pd), (vendet2p) to (vendetta2p), (vendetao) to (vendettar), (vendetas) to (vendetta2pu) and (vendettj) to (vendettaj).
- 0.128u4: Better fix for Vendetta EEPROM [Mamesick, Fabio Priuli].
- 0.96: Mamesick updated Vendetta chip frequencies to match real PCB. Changed KONAMI CPU1 clock speed to 6MHz and Z80, YM2151 and K053260 to 3579545 Hz.
- 0.84u5: Changed KONAMI CPU1 clock speed to 3MHz and Z80 CPU2, YM2151 and 053260 sound to 4MHz.
- 0.62: Added clone Vendetta (World 2 Players ver. W). Changed description of parent '(US ver. T)' to '(World 4 Players ver. T)' and clones '(US ver. R)' to '(World 4 Players ver. R)', '(Asia ver. U)' to '(Asia 2 Players ver. U)', '(Asia ver. D)' to '(Asia 2 Players ver. D)' and 'Crime Fighters 2 (Japan ver. P)' to '(Japan 2 Players ver. P)'. Renamed (vendetar) to (vendetao) and (vendeta2) to (vendtaso). Changed KONAMI CPU1 clock speed to 6MHz.
- 16th August 2002: Stephane Humbert added the World 2 players version to the Vendetta driver and reorganized the clones.
- 0.53: Added clone Vendetta (US ver. R). Changed parent description to 'Vendetta (US ver. T)' and clones '(Asia set 1)' to '(Asia ver. U)', '(Asia set 2)' to '(Asia ver. D)' and 'Crime Fighters 2 (Japan)' to '(Japan ver. P)'.
- 10th July 2001: THE SHEEP dumped Vendetta (World 2 Players ver. W).
- 0.37b13: Added Vendetta (US). Changed input to 4 players and 4 coin slots. Renamed (vendetta ) to (vendetas) and (vendett2) to (vendeta2).
- 0.37b2: Ernesto Corvi fixed ADPCM decoding in the K053260, this improves several Konami games.
- 0.37b1: Support for a priority buffer, updated by tilemap.c, which can be used to draw sprites using the new function pdrawgfx(). This allowed to fix many tile/sprite priority bugs e.g. in Ajax, Lightning Thunder, Simpsons, Vendetta, Punk Shot, Gradius III and others [Phil Stroffolino, Nicola Salmoria].
- 7th September 1999: Nicola improved Vendetta collision detection.
- 0.36b4: Removed 3rd button.
- 0.36b3: Ernesto Corvi added Vendetta (Asia set 1) (Konami 1991) and clones (Asia set 2) and Crime Fighters 2 (Japan).
- 16th August 1999: Ernesto Corvi emulated the collision chip in Vendetta, and the game is now fully playable.
- 0.36b2: Ernesto Corvi added Vendetta (Asia set 1) (Testdriver) and clone (Asia set 2) and Crime Fighters 2 (Japan). There is something corrupting memory (page fault on exit, during a free()), but I haven't found what it is.
- The Dead End gang, who dominate dead end city, are looking to expand their territory. Only their rival gang, The Cobras, stand in their way. The Dead End gang kidnaps Kate, a protegee of Hawk to trap the others into trying to rescue her.
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Heroes Fighter):
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon 3
Double Dragon (PlayChoice-10)
Double Dragon (Neo-Geo)
Shinobi / FZ-2006
The Revenge of Shinobi (Mega-Tech)
Shinobi III (Mega Play)
Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja
Last Battle (Mega-Tech)
Ninja Gaiden (PlayChoice-10)
Ninja Gaiden Episode II (PlayChoice-10)
Ninja Gaiden Episode III (PlayChoice-10)
Shadow Dancer (Mega-Tech)
D. D. Crew
Streets of Rage (Mega-Tech)
Streets of Rage II (Mega Play)
Guardians of the 'Hood
TH Strikes Back
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Knuckle Bash 2
Ninja Baseball Batman
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon
Black Touch '96
Final Fight 2 (SNES bootleg)
Ghost Chaser Densei (SNES bootleg)
Iron (SNES bootleg)
Sonic Blast Man 2 Special Turbo
Jue Zhan Tian Huang
Romset: 6465 kb / 10 files / 2.57 zip
MAME XML Output:
|    ||<game name="vendetta" sourcefile="vendetta.c">|
|    ||    ||<description>Vendetta (World 4 Players ver. T)</description>|
|    ||    ||<year>1991</year>|
|    ||    ||<manufacturer>Konami</manufacturer>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081t01" size="262144" crc="e76267f5" sha1="efef6c2edb4c181374661f358dad09123741b63d" region="maincpu" offset="10000"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081b02" size="65536" crc="4c604d9b" sha1="22d979f5dbde7912dd927bf5538fdbfc5b82905e" region="audiocpu" offset="0"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a09" size="524288" crc="b4c777a9" sha1="cc2b1dff4404ecd72b604e25d00fffdf7f0f8b52" region="gfx1" offset="0"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a08" size="524288" crc="272ac8d9" sha1="2da12fe4c13921bf0d4ebffec326f8d207ec4fad" region="gfx1" offset="80000"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a04" size="1048576" crc="464b9aa4" sha1="28066ff0a07c3e56e7192918a882778c1b316b37" region="gfx2" offset="0"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a05" size="1048576" crc="4e173759" sha1="ce803f2aca7d7dedad00ab30e112443848747bd2" region="gfx2" offset="100000"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a06" size="1048576" crc="e9fe6d80" sha1="2b7fc9d7fe43cd85dc8b975fe639c273cb0d9256" region="gfx2" offset="200000"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a07" size="1048576" crc="8a22b29a" sha1="be539f21518e13038ab1d4cc2b2a901dd3e621f4" region="gfx2" offset="300000"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="081a03" size="1048576" crc="14b6baea" sha1="fe15ee57f19f5acaad6c1642d51f390046a7468a" region="k053260" offset="0"/>|
|    ||    ||<rom name="vendetta.nv" size="128" crc="fbac4e30" sha1="d3ff3a392550d9b06400b9292a44bdac7ba5c801" region="eeprom" offset="0"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="cpu" tag="maincpu" name="KONAMI" clock="3000000"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="cpu" tag="audiocpu" name="Z80" clock="3579545"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="audio" tag="lspeaker" name="Speaker"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="audio" tag="rspeaker" name="Speaker"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="audio" tag="ymsnd" name="YM2151" clock="3579545"/>|
|    ||    ||<chip type="audio" tag="k053260" name="K053260" clock="3579545"/>|
|    ||    ||<display tag="screen" type="raster" rotate="0" width="304" height="224" refresh="59.170000" />|
|    ||    ||<sound channels="2"/>|
|    ||    ||<input players="4" buttons="2" coins="4" service="yes">|
|    ||    ||    ||<control type="joy" ways="8"/>|
|    ||    ||</input>|
|    ||    ||<driver status="good" emulation="good" color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported" palettesize="2048"/>|